In 2016, competitive divisions will be as follows:
Major Categories and Honours
- Walter Burley Griffin Cup – will be awarded to the solo paddler who completes the most laps.
- Burley Griffin Bonanza - will be awarded to the team, or individual that raises the most amount of money for this year’s charity
- King O’Malley Cup - will be awarded to the corporate, government or sporting team that completes the most number of laps.
- High Country SUP Trophy – will be awarded to the competitive SUP team who complete the most laps.
SOLO (Canoe or Kayak(Singles or Doubles), SUP 14’, SUP unlimited)
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
COMPETIVE TEAMS (Canoe or Kayak(Singles or Doubles), SUP 12’6” - 14’)
- Junior Team, up to 8 team members
- Teams of 4 Male
- Teams of 4 Female
- Teams of 4 Mixed
SCHOOL, SOCIAL and CORPORATE TEAMS
- School or Youth Group Teams. Team of 8–12, ages 12 paddling singles or doubles and above (High School and College students).
- Male, up to 12 team membersFemale, up to 12 team members
- Mixed, up to 12 team members
- Corporate, government or sporting team, up to 12 team members
6 + 6 Teams
The 6 + 6 Category is a daylight only event starting on or shortly after the 24 hour competitors (depending on start numbers). They will paddle through to their first lap they finish after 6 hours has expired. They then start after 6.00am after determined by their finish time and will finish at midday. The team which paddles furtherest in the shortest time will be the winner.
- School or Youth Group Teams. Team of 4-8 paddling singles or doubles, ages 10 and above .
- Male teams of 2-3 paddlers
- Female teams 2-3
Additional categories and honours
3 teams of a class of boat will constitute class for the event. The organisers will raise these classes based on the entries are received
Competitors in the past have been encouraged to dress for the event. This year we are offering trophies for the best dressed individuals and teams. Themes will be
All paddlers should be able to swim and paddle safely in their costumes. All costumes must be tasteful given there will be children attending. Race officials reserve the right to ask any paddlers not meeting the above guidelines to change.
The judges will be identified at the race brief.